Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ready? Set...LEARN THIS LESSON!

It is a jungle out there! As I find myself getting out into our community more and more, I am seeing just how sheltered a life I have been leading. Today was a great example: I was at a parade with my kids and some friends. Next to us was a group of people with kids also. Policemen had come by with 'warnings' about staying back, so we were keeping the kids 'behind THIS crack' - but this other group was not only allowing the kids to go out into the street, they were at the forefront!
I actually saw this lady give a band director a dirty look when he bumped into her! SHE WAS IN THE ROADWAY!!! That lack of curtesy and thoughtlessness drove me absolutely batty!

But that was a daily way of life with her. If nothing else, it has shown me how far God has brought me from my former life. God didn't put me here on this earth to sit in the church and hang with my fellow believers - He put me here to go out into the world and make disciples.

Well, they aren't disciples at first!

We have to find those people who are still rolling around in their sin - and probably enjoying it to a point - and live life with them so that they can see in us the better life they can have with Jesus within.

I found out today that I still have some work to do, but that I am ready for that work.
Are you?
Hmmm.
Something to think about during your canopy time with God.

1 comment: