Friday, February 8, 2013

Venue Change?

We are two years into our church plant - two years since our family of 5 parachute-dropped into our little town.  I would love to share with you how we are averaging 200 people in church on Sunday mornings, we are totally self-supporting, that we have savings building for our next church plant in Missouri, and all sorts of other normal numbers 'wins', but that is not the case.  In the past two years, if nothing else, I have learned to count 'wins' by something other than the numbers! (but that's another blog)

So for the past two years I have been church planting.  When I go to the grocery store, I have been constantly aware of those around me - always eager for an opportunity to share God's love.  When I go to a ball game, when I attend a school meeting - always eager for the opportunities that God has been abundant in providing.  Along the way, I also developed a Children's Ministry.  Jeff was a wonderful help, but my work in Children's Ministry was always an 'also'.  I was a church planter and 'also' a children's pastor.

These past couple of weeks, with the second anniversary of our drop, I have noticed a specific shift in my life (yes, life - my ministry IS my life.  There is no 'at work' and 'off work')  I have finally become a Children's Pastor and 'also' a church planter!

Today, for the first time in many months, I woke up, ran an errand with Jeff, then went to the office and STAYED THERE ALL DAY working on nothing but things that were on my 'to do' list!  I actually got started on a project that I have had on my list for over a year!  Almost two, even!

Then, at the end of the day, I came home with NOTHING on my plate to get done ASAP - I was able to play on the internet for fun - to read a few articles on Children's Ministry - to research fun places to eat and play in Florida when we go later this month for a conference.  All unplanned.  All spontaneous.  All simply let by rest and relaxation.

My shoulders haven't been this loose in months!

I feel like I have a new job, when really, I am just more free to do the one I was created to do!  Instead of adults, I can now focus on the kids I see around me.  I can go for a walk in the park and stop to watch the kids play and share some of my 'sharing toys' I keep with me.  I can spend time meeting with school officials about how I can best serve them and the kids.

I am so excited!!!

Thank-you, God for the renewed energy and excitement even with no 'normal' changes.  Usually this kind of excitement and renewal comes with a move or a job change.  Not this time.  So wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment