Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Cool Idea to Share

There aren't very many people who read my blog posts, yet, but someday I hope there are.  In the meantime, those who DO read may benefit a bit from my walk with God.

I had an interesting thing happen today and really enjoyed it! It is my day off, but it is also a snow day, so the idea of 'alone' or 'quiet' were long gone!  BUT - I was chillin' on Facebook when my cousin, who is a Children's Pastor, posted that he was doing a web-conference thing from David C. Cook ministries.  Cool.  I had never done one, so I hooked into the site and started watching.

As a Children's Director, I was excited to see that it was about Family Ministry - and all about taking the responsibility of spiritual growth away from the church and back to the parents - and how the church can be the support system - AWESOME!!!

But the best idea I came away with that can easily be shared was this - a prayer wall.  But not just a prayer wall - an interactive one.  People are invited to write their prayers on the wall (I picture post-it notes), but the most exciting part is that OTHER people sign the prayers when they pray for them -how cool is that?!?!  So there you are - you put up a prayer, then come back another day to see someone has written, "I prayed for you today.  Love, Sherry"  Maybe there are even several signatures or messages...

I think what appeals to me the most about this is the connection aspect.  So often we hear, "I will pray for you" but how often are those prayers actually lifted up?  How often have I even done this myself?!  (I'm better lately, but I can remember a time when I wasn't very good about it...)  What a comfort it would be to see that message on my prayer.

When I go to work tomorrow, I believe I will start a prayer wall.  I want to incorporate this into my ministry - maybe into the church as a whole as well!  How awesome it would be to have a 'wall' that looked like stones or something that we put prayers on - ah, the dreams....

Enjoy your own time with God above the canopy!

1 comment: