Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Holy Spirit

Ok - that title sounds like it's time for a lesson or something!  Nope!  Just me thinking about Him.  I am beginning to read "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan and one thing he challenges readers to do is stop and think about how and when the Holy Spirit works in your life around you.

I'm a bit troubled by this.  As I wrote a couple of blogs ago, there are so MANY things I see His Hand in, I can only name a few!  I could never name them all!  But I've got one for you right now that the smell keeps at the front of my thinking:  the new carpet in the church.

Most of the tenants in this strip mall will tell you that, like any property management company, they don't always get all that they would like when it comes to upkeep and improvements.  When we moved-in, we expected that, but just one mention of cleaning the carpets and it was announced that they would be replaced!  Wow!  We were hoping to be able to pick out the color of the carpet, but we were told grey had already been chosen and ordered.  This didn't quite 'go' with our color scheme for the paint and such, so we adjusted our color scheme from brown to deep grey to coordinate.  Every time I tried to use the grey, though, the Holy Spirit led me down a  different path - never allowed me peace on using the grey.  Then, low and behold, today I walk in to see BROWN carpet on the floor!  That's right - brown!    Now we can move forward with our original color scheme!  Woo Hoo!  And thank you to the Holy Spirit for leading us away from buying or using the grey before now! 

I know it seems like such a little thing, but when I think about how active the Holy Spirit was to get this turn of events to all happen, I just have to give Him all the glory and the credit.  He brought about the desires of our hearts through something as simple as the carpet color! 

I pray that you, too, will find your place within the heart of the Holy Spirit where you will find, not only peace, but the deepest desires of your heart.

From the canopy,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment